Monday, March 3, 2008

Soundwave Adelaide '08

2 days after the event I'm still basically reduced to open mouthed-ness and "so so awesomes". It was SO RAD.

We got there at about 11:30 and gates opened at 12 and we moved in pretty quickly. We went straight to Stage 5 where the beautiful boys from My American Heart were setting up. And I almost forgot. While we were in the line Dustin from MAH walked past promoting them playing. That's dedication. Anyways, they were amazing and easily my highlight. They played Tired and Uninspired which was just... wow. Dustin the bassist has SO much energy. They're so good.

Photo Credit: OMGWTHMOO

Photo Credit: Everybody Wake Up

After that Emma, Chris and I headed over to see Sugarcult. They were okay. I wish the lead singer didn't preface every song with "And this song's about...". Reminds me of that time I saw Gerling (CRAP) and they were all "This song's about getting drunk on a Saturday night and eating a kebab". LAME. BUt they played Bouncing off the Walls which is definitely a pleaser. It did go off.

Photo Credit: OMGWTHMOO

After that we went over to the Plain WHite T's. I also really enjoyed their set. It makes no sense but I wish they played more songs off their old album, I think it's punchier. I got to dance to You and Me with Tom and Krauk tho, that was FUN. Also, when they played Hey There, Delilah the crows just flocked to the stage, it was amazing.

Thursday also played a good set and played Jet Black New Year, my favourite song. I think it's just so clever.

Shadows Fall were lame. I hate bands that come on stage and insult the people they're playing for. Also we were surrounded by lame arse metal heads and their dumbass girlfriends making out in the pit. Yes, pay $120 to make out...

Incubus was FABULOUS. They played Drive, Wish You Were Here, Pistola, Anna Molly. It could only have been better if they played Dig. Also Brandon is sexy.

The Offspring were the main pull of the event and I thought they were entertaining but still disappointing. They barely acknowledged the crowd except to say "Adelaide, let's get LAID". Hilarious. They played my favourite Want You Bad but I think they faked their way through Pretty Fly.

I thoroughly enjoyed it and if it comes back next year I'll definitely be back.

xoxo Caity

No comments: