Saturday, April 5, 2008

Little Cutie

Everyone has those songs that remind them of a time, a place, a person or a moment.
I was listening to my iPod on random on the way to work this morning when Little Cutie by Machine Gun Fellatio started playing. I was instantly transported to Winter, 2005. My friend Bodie was house sitting this amazing house just outside the city. We're talking a cinema room, the best of all appliances, an automatic vacuum cleaner named Bob and awesome grounds.
Our group would basically spend every night there.
Juan and I had just started going out and there was a real mix of relationships going on in our group. We were still celebrating our newfound freedom from year 12 and everything was great.

One night was particularly freezing and everyone was there, hanging out between the fire, the kitchen and the theatre room (try playing xbox on a projector screen!) I was in the kitchen with Steph, Ron, Raf, Pat, Bodie and Joanna. Little Cutie started playing on the speakers (in every room and outside). I remember dancing around, kicking my stockinged feet in the air and everyone joining in. If it was a scene in a movie it would have been in slow motion.

1 comment:

Lucy Lu said...

I love that feeling. When music is associated with moments in time and different people. I go through phases with music, and last year my sisters and I had an obsession with Mika (I don't care what people think of him, hes fun :))..and we went to a wedding in the blue mountains and stayed in this amazing old mansion that had been redone. Our bedroom was as big as my house in Canberra, and we danced around it to Mika all weekend, and now everytime i hear a song by Mika i get flashbacks of those fun times :)

Sorry about the novel, but i thought I'd share :)